Rigging Reel 2017
A short collection of the rigs I did over the past few years, including some of our graduation project “Le Constructeur de Malheur”.
Facial Rigging Workshop
Participating in a facial rigging workshop, “Character Facial Rigging for Production”, with Wade Ryer on CGSociety I learned a lot of great new techniques on how to create facial rig using mostly blendshapes in combination with some joints.
The workshop lastet 8 weeks, covering everything from facial topology and the most important face muscles, over signature wrinkles of various facial expressions, simplifying the expressions and sculpting them in ZBrush, to combining the blendshapes in the rig and creating corrective shapes.
The blendshapes have been sculpted pretty fast and could use more time and tweaking…
Le Constructeur de Malheur
“Hugo” is the main character of the thesis project by Kristin Müller, Manuel Preuß, Phillipp Gratzer and me.
To fulfill the dream of flying Hugo invents all kinds of machines, constantly failing but with the help of his housekeeper Cloe still optimistic.
A visualization of a bytestream from different types of files (movies, images, textfiles).
The visualization is generated procedurally based on custom rules that define the position, rotation, scale and other attributes of the various elements.
The only thing set by hand is the shot camera.
This is my first project that I did in ZBrush. It is still a work in progress (and probably won’t be finished at any time soon or ever…).
There was no concept art or anything like that, only a moodboard with some references that I used to base the sculpt on.
The one and only analogue animation that I did…
One of my first animations with Autodesk Maya.
Exercise for getting used to animating with Maya using motion paths and different types of deformers.
This project was done for the Andritz Hydro GmbH. It is showing a pipe assembly operation in a tunnel.
Most of the objects in the scene are based on CAD data and simplified for the animation.
Parametric is another project that I did at university.
The name derives from the “Parametric Array” plug-in for 3Ds Max that I used for the placement and animation of the objects.
Due to data loss unfortunately I only have a pretty low quality version of the final movie.